Thinking of visiting us? You may have questions.
We’ve compiled some of the most commonly asked questions for you below.
What do I wear?
We only ask that we all be modest in our attire, you are welcome to dress casual, jeans and t-shirts, business casual, or business dress.
Here at Pleasantville Church of Christ we bring praise and worship to God through an assortment of contemporary music and hymns. We also encourage any one member of our congregation to select and share a personal testimony through speech or song during this time.
In the bulletins and in the pews you will find Attendance Cards. The pastors and elders would like to contact you if you request it. The leaders and members would like to pray for your requests. This is one more avenue we use to get to know you better as you continue to attend and be a part of the family of God here in Pleasantville. Just fill out the cards and place them in the offering plate as it comes to you.
If you are a visitor you should feel no obligation to place anything other than your attendance card in the collection plate. Offering is an act of worship for believers who return to God what they have received from God.
We encourage any believer to participate in our Communion as we share the emblems of Jesus Christ’s sacrifice for us on the Cross.
We utilize the on-street parking nearest the church building along with several spots in front of the building where you will also find our handicap parking locations.
- In the God of the Bible, as revealed in Father, Son, & Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19; 1 Cor. 12:4-6; 2 Cor. 13:14; Eph. 4:4-6)
- In the Bible as the written Word of God, our only authority & guide (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:20-21; Ps. 119:105)
- In the deity of Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Mt. 16:16; Jn. 20:28)
- In the virgin birth of Jesus Christ (Matt. 1:18-25; Luke 1:35)
- In the death of Christ to save us from our sins (1 Cor. 15:3; 1 Pet. 3:18)
- In the bodily resurrection of Christ (Matt. 28:6; Acts 1:3; 1 Cor. 15:4ff)
- In the return of Jesus Christ (Jn. 14:3; Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:16; 5:2)
- In the need for all to be spiritually born again (Jn. 3:3-8; 1 Jn. 5:1)
- In salvation by grace, which is a free gift (Rom. 3:24; Rev. 22:17) which must be received through faith (Eph. 2:8; Rom. 3:22; 5:1-2)
The steps of faith include:
- Belief – in Jesus as the Son of God who died for your sins (1 Cor. 15:3; Mark 16:16)
- Repentance – turning from your sins to God (Acts 3:19; 17:30)
- Confession – acknowledging your faith before others (Matt. 10:32; Rom. 10:9,10)
- Baptism – being immersed in water to represent that your sins are washed away by the blood of Christ (Acts 22:16) in obedience to Christ’s command (Matt. 28:19; Acts 2:38)
- Transformation – living a new life in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17), continuing to grow in Christ (Col. 1:10; 2 Pet. 3:18) through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit (Rom. 8:11; Gal. 5:25)